Note: This is a Linktree PRO Feature
You can add an email signup field to your Linktree, so you visitors can easily signup to your Mailchimp lists in just 2 clicks. (Using Google Sheets or Zapier is coming very soon too!)
The signup field is displayed as a button, that looks just like your other links, but when your visitors click it, instead of sending them off to another page, it turns into an email input field!
To set up your email signup field, follow these steps!
- Login to your Linktree dashboard
- Go to your Settings
- Scroll down to 'Integrations'
- You will see a heading called 'Email Signup'. Click the toggle button to enable the feature
- The settings are split into two sections. 'Display' and 'Storage'.
Display: Is what is text you want your visitors to see
Storage: Is where you're storing the signups. By default, Mialchimp is selected but you will soon be able to use other tools such as Google Sheets and Zapier
- Set the 'Button Text' field. This is the text that is on the button for visitors to click. Make it catchy!
- Set the 'Success Message' field. This is the message that visitors are shown after they successfully submit their email address.
Storage Settings - Mailchimp
Get API Key
For all your email signups to flow straight into your Mailchimp account, you need to connect it via the Mailchimp API.
- Login to mailchimp
- Navigate to the API keys screen, by clicking on your username in the top right corner and select 'account'. Then click 'Extras' and select API Keys. (Click here for a shortcut to this screen)
- Now scroll down and press 'Create a Key'
- Copy the newly generated Key, and paste it into the 'API' field in Linktree. That's all for this part!
Get List ID
You may have many lists in your Mailchimp account, so you need to enter your Mailchimp list ID into Linktree so Linktree knows where to put your fresh new signups!
- Click 'Lists' in the main navigation menu in Mailchimp
- Select the list you want to submit your visitors email addresses to
- Click 'Settings' and select 'List Name and Defaults'
- You will see a section called 'List ID'.
- Copy the List ID and paste it into the List ID field in Linktree
You will now see the button enabled on your profile. Test it out and have fun! Remember to contact us via the chat icon in the bottom right corner of your dashboard any time you need help!