There could be a few reasons why your links aren’t working, this article has a few helpful tips to narrow it down.
What does the the YELLOW exclamation mark ( ! ) mean?
- If you can see a yellow exclamation mark ( ! ) next to your link this indicates you are missing some information. This icon indicates that the link is inactive and this will not show up on your profile.
- Make sure you have entered a Link Title and a valid URL. Be sure to check your spelling and ensure the link URL is working.
What does the the RED exclamation mark ( ! ) mean?
- If you can see a red exclamation mark ( ! ) next to your link this indicates that there is a problem with your link URL. Links with the red ( ! ) will not show up on your profile.
- Make sure you have entered a valid URL. Be sure to check your spelling and ensure the link URL is working. You can try this in a new tab in your browser.
- Linktree does not accept some links as a security measure, please contact us if you are having trouble, our team will get back to you as soon as they can.
I’m getting a security error or from Google when I click on one of my links.
- If you are getting this error, it is likely because you have added an ‘S’ to the HTTP at the start of your link.
- All websites work with a HTTP:// at the front of the link, but only some websites have an HTTPS:// certificate. You can learn more about this here.
- To make sure you are adding the correct link, open the website you want to add in a new tab and copy that link directly into your Linktree.
- If you have tried the above and are still getting an error, please get in touch.
How do I reorder my links?
- To reorder your links you can simply ‘drag and drop' each link by clicking or tapping and dragging the 3 dots on the left of each link. When you reorder a link it immediately updates on your Linktree profile.
If you have any issues please get in touch with the Linktree team.