Note: This is a Linktree PRO Feature
You can add an email signup field to your Linktree, so you visitors can easily signup to your Mailchimp lists in just 2 clicks.
The signup field is displayed as a button, that looks just like your other links, but when your visitors click it, instead of sending them off to another page, it turns into an email input field!
To set up your email signup field, follow these steps!
- Login to your Linktree dashboard
- Go to your Settings
- Scroll down to 'Integrations'
- You will see a heading called 'Email Signup'. Click the toggle button to enable the feature
- The settings are split into two sections. 'Display' and 'Storage'.
Display: Is what is text you want your visitors to see
Storage: Is where you're storing the signups. You can select to send your contacts directly to Mailchimp, or to a Google Sheet spreadsheet. (more coming!)
- Set the 'Button Text' field. This is the text that is on the button for visitors to click. Make it catchy!
- Set the 'Success Message' field. This is the message that visitors are shown after they successfully submit their email address.
For all your email signups to flow straight into your Mailchimp account, you need to connect it via the Mailchimp API
- Login to mailchimp
- Navigate to the API keys screen, by clicking on your username in the top right corner and select 'account'. Then click 'Extras' and select API Keys. (Click here for a shortcut to this screen)
- Now scroll down and press 'Create a Key'
- Copy the newly generated Key, and paste it into the 'API' field in Linktree. That's all for this part!
- Select the list you would like your new email signups to go into, from the drop down list that appears.
For all your email signups to flow straight into a sheet in your Google Sheets account follow these steps.
- Select Google Sheet icon under the storage section
2 - Click the Authorize Google Sheet button
3 - Login with your Google Account. Once this process i done, your google account will be authorised with Linktree
4 - Navigate to a google sheet that you would like your contacts to flow into
5 - Copy the URL of the google sheet
6 - Paste it into the Google Sheet URL field
Your contact will now flow into this Google Sheet. One column for the email address, and one column for the signup date.
You will now see the button enabled on your profile. Test it out and have fun! Remember to contact us via the chat icon in the bottom right corner of your dashboard any time you need help!